The Clifton Cooperative Market is Cincinnati’s only consumer-owned grocery store. That means if you join, you own it. In return, we pledge to serve you and the rest of our owners with quality products, great customer service, and honest information. Our purpose is not to generate a profit for a single owner but to stay financially strong so we can serve the needs of all our owners and to give back to the community.
The resulting grocery store is one that you’ll be proud of, but there are so many other reasons to become an owner as well:
Benefits for You
- Special Owner Discounts
- Eligibility for Patronage Dividends
- 1st Access to special events, cooking classes, etc.
- Privilege to Run/Vote for the Board of Directors
- Invitation to our Annual Share Owner Picnic
Benefits for the Community
- Donation of unsold food to local food pantries and kitchens
- Reinvestment into the community through our employees and patronage dividends
- Support for community events, festivals, and programming
- Classes on nutrition and healthy lifestyles
- Easy access to quality food
- Support of local food producers
Cooperatively owning Clifton Market has many benefits and there will surely be more added to this list over time. Stop by the store some time and talk to our field director, Charles, or store director, Keith. They are a wealth of knowledge and will be happy to answer any of the questions you have.